Saturday 27 September 2014

Breaking Bede


I've said it before and I'll say it again. And I'm saying it now. Almost now. Just after this bit.



Anyway. I've said it before and I'll say it again: the Internet stole my idea. I came up with a funny pun combining an acclaimed US TV show about a high school teacher cum crystal meth dealer with an innocent, well-loved UK children's show. Worth a three second chuckle when I shared it on Facebook, I thought.

But when I chanced to google 'Breaking Bod' aforehand, I found I wasn't the first person to come up with idea, nor even the second. Tch I say.
Undaunted, I went for 'Breaking Bude', only to find someone else had already done a spoof video of the same.

'Breaking Bard'? Long since been done.

So what am I left with? This:

'Bored middle-aged (25) monk Bede moonlights from his job scraping down vellum parchments to secretly brew up the strongest mead in all of Northumbria. But the jealous, unstable Brother Tostig is intent on taking over the distribution of the highly prized Blue Brew, leading to a tense confrontation with quills in the scriptorium, just after Compline.'


It's like being one down from the infinith monkey.

No comments: